Thursday, October 19, 2006

i heart australia - or i plan to at least

San Francisco gave me shin aches and a working knowledge of bicycle repair. Well, to be fair, it was more of Alan then San Fran that gifted me the bike knowledge. Now I am sufficiently prepared to blunder my way through a bike related crisis. Did you know that the spokes can be adjusted and are actually rather important? I didn't know it before. I think I never thought of their reason past decorative.

Anyhow Australia is grand - though I have been here for maybe 7 hours and am experiencing it through the haze of the under rested. I knew this was my kind of place when I learned how much they make up funny names for things. And reading Bill Bryson's travel book on the place only fuels my fondness because really the place is so absurd and has always been so.

Fly Qantas - they give you hot towels and goodie bags. Since I have been in Australia I tried to get the phrase "nibbliees" to catch on for what some call "snacks." No success thus far.

oy I'm tired.

editing suggestiong courtesy of carolyn c campbell