Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I feel a little weird.

Yesterday morning I might have said I hate surfing. Actually I did in fact say "I don't like surfing very much." But that was before my intermediate lesson, which had ideal surfing conditions. It was grand and left me with feelings about surfing that are luke warm enough to induce me to it again sometime. Once you learn a few tricks you can control what the waves do to you a little better. Not that they are fun tricks, just limited expected discomfort rather than varying unexpected discomfort.

The fun of most things come when you have developed some skill and the effort is more fluid and not so much a struggle. I dislike struggle - which may mean I will never truly accomplish anything. But for now I will not dwell on it.

I leave Australia tomorrow. Going back homes means starting to the think of Zambia as a quickly approaching reality. eck.