Thursday, January 04, 2007

I leave on Jan 22nd

Things That I know keep me happy:
1) Consistent physical exertion
2) A Schedule - however flexible
3) Goals with enduring excitement
4) Something to think about
5) Music
6) Good books
7) Enough rest
8) An outlet for creativity
9) A listener for my trivial thoughts (haha that's YOU!)

Things I plan to do in my free time in Zambia:
1) Improve my mind through reading
2) Improve my powers of synthesis through writing
3) Improve my ability to play the harmonica by learning anything on the harmonica
4) Improve my determination by running in jungliest Africa
5) Improve my seeing eye by photographing
6) Test my resolve for self-discipline
7) Be friendly to my neighbors and practice looking people in the eye
8) Play cards
9) Maybe grow a garden
10) Probably sculpt things out of mud
11) Raise a baby elephant

Of course these are just my ideas. Zambia might have some better suggestions too.